Strategies for Open and Permanent Access to Scientific Information in Latin America: Focus on Health and Environmental Information for Sustainable Development
CODATA Workshop Biography
Dora Ann Lange Canhos, dora at cria.org.br
Dora Ann Lange Canhos is the Project Director of the Centro de Referência em Informação Ambiental (Reference Center on Environmental Information - www.cria.org.br). She has been working with databases and online information systems since 1985. She has been involved with biodiversity information networks since 1992, as a member of BIN21 (Biodiversity Information Network - Agenda 21) and responsible for its web site, and as technical coordinator of the project BINbr (Biodiversity Information Network - Brazil) for the Ministry of the Environment from May, 1997 to April 2001. She is a member of the following international working groups:
- Clearing-House Mechanism Informal Advisory Committee of the Convention on Biological Diversity (http://www.biodiv.org/), since 2001.
- Codata Task Group on Preservation and Archiving of Scientific and Technical Data in Developing Countries (www.tgdc-codata.org.cn/), since 2003.
- Conservation Commons Interim Steering Committee (www.conservationcommons.org), since 2004.
- The Global Alliance for Enhancing Access to and Application of Scientific Data in Developing Countries, of the United Nations Global Alliance for ICT and Development, UN G@ID
- U.S. National Committee for CODATA
- Brazilian National Committee for CODATA.
- CODATA Task Group on Preservation of and Access to Scientific and Technical Data in Developing Countries